Returns and Warranty
We are happy to accept returns, and refunds will be made within the below constraints:
1) Parts must be in 'as new', unfitted condition. Any parts damaged, marked or otherwise fitted or used will not be eligible for return and no refund will be possible.
2) Packaging must be original and undamaged. Please be careful when unpacking deliveries in case you ordered the wrong part.
3) Parts for return must arrive back with us within 14 days of having been received by the customer.
4) In most instances, electrical or electronic items, particularly computers, are not returnable due to the ease with which mis-fitting can cause the 'invisible' destruction of the part.
5) To keep prices low, many of the parts we sell are special orders from the manufacturer and only placed in response to customer orders. Any return of these parts may be levied with a 20% re-stocking charge, and in some cases may not be accepted for return at all. We encourage customers to check whether parts are special order before placing an order if there is a chance that you may wish to return them.
6) We strongly recommend that any returns are sufficiently packaged to ensure safe delivery to us. We always recommend that returns be made by 'signature required' services, as lost returns cannot otherwise be replaced or refunded. Return postage is at your own cost.
7) Consumers (i.e. not 'trade' customers) have the right to cancel their contract with us within 7 days of receiving their order. To qualify, consumers must notify us by email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by telephone on +44(0)1489 574089, and return parts promptly in accordance with the notes above.
We understand that getting the right part can be difficult, and getting a wrong part replaced is frustrating. To avoid unnecessary delays, hassle and postage costs, please do give us a call if you have any doubt that you have identified the correct part for your needs.
8) We must be advised within 24 hours of receipt of any shortages or damaged goods.
Parts are covered by our 12 month warranty if fitted to your vehicle by an approved manufacturer's dealer. Proof of fitment will be required in the form of the original invoice of fitment from the approved dealer.
The warranty period between the Buyer and the Seller is strictly 1 Year or 10,000 miles, whichever is sooner from the date of order dispatch, regardless of any warranty replacements. A replacement part does not extend the warranty period. We accept liability only for items which are proved faulty by reason of our negligence. Such liability is limited to the price paid for the item and does not include any consequential loss.
Yam6 Car Parts is not responsible for supplying an alternative part whilst the suspect part is being inspected, returned, refunded, exchanged and/or repaired.
We're always happy to advise on all aspects of the job, so please let us know if you're unsure.